Time travel tag

This Tag/idea came to me from Sweta, it is originally written by Emily Barton.

Here's how you do it...

Emily's Rules
1. Depending on your age, go back 10, 15, 20, or even more years.
2. Tell us how many years back you have travelled and why.
3. Pretend you have met yourself during that era, and tell us where you are.
4. You only have one "date" with this former self.
5. Answer these questions.

Okay, as we start, what year is it and how old are you?
It is Oct 1990. I’m 22 years old. I am going back 20 years as everything else seems too recent. :) I am in my last year of graduation struggling with my Physics and Geology.

1. Would your younger self (YYS, from here) recognize you when you first meet?
Oh yes she sure would. I am the same old plump me – the one thing that’s remained unchanged over the years give or take a few kgs. The hair might be a bit shorter now and I might have learnt to carry myself a tad more confidently otherwise I'm pretty much the same.

2. Would YYS be surprised to discover what you are doing job wise?
Completely. On the career front YYS is totally confused and a bit dejected. She has only recently given up Engineering aspirations after putting in what she considered her best and failing to make it to any Engineering College. She is now debating between a PG in Management, a career in teaching like our parents or maybe a career in Geology. Journalism is just not her. It doesn't exist even in her dreams.

3. What piece of fashion advice would you give YYS?
Fashion advice… ummm.. that’s something I’m still a bit deficient in. All I’ll say is look for comfort. Don’t follow trends. And for godsake get a haircut.. scanty hair worn long does absolutely nothing for you.

4. What do you think YYS is most going to want to know?
Will I clear my graduation? She’s not really a bad student but each year she thinks she’ll flunk .. specially post the Engineering debacle.

5. How would you answer YYS's question?
Yes you will. Have faith in yourself. Besides, it really doesn’t matter.. 20 years later no one bothers how you scored.

6. What would probably be the best thing to tell YYS?
You’ll get to go on foreign cruises and visit some wonderful countries.

7. What is something that you probably wouldn't tell YYS?
What's it like to go through a gynaecological examination… ugh..ugh..ugh.

8. What do you think will most surprise YYS about you?
That she’d be a mom … tough to imagine …to twins.. hah.. completely inconceivable, no family history at all. She’s really not into kids and can’t see what’s the ‘they’re-so-cute’ hoo haa about. That she’d completely fall in love with kids.. not just her own but the entire tribe.. unthinkable.

9. What do you think will least surprise YYS?
That I’m still fighting to remain fit. Diet, gym.. the whole thing.

10. At this point in your life, would YYS like to run into "you" from the future?
Sure. She’d love being me.

Thanks Sweta.. that was fun. Leave a comment guys and take up the tag.

Labels: